At the Shelter Valley Folk Festival, we want to make sure that everyone arrives prepared for an enjoyable festival experience. Here are some suggestions of what to bring, what you shouldn't bring, and any other information you should know:
What You Should Bring
- Warm/dry clothing
- Water bottle
- Umbrellas (for shade or rain)
- Chairs (2 feet tall max.if you want to sit up close, taller chairs are permittted futher back, chair get set up each day after gates open)
- Blankets (6x8 max.)
Please DO NOT Bring
- Glass bottles
- Garbage: As of 2016, the festival will be garbage-free. Please do not bring anything that will leave non-recyclable or non-compostable waste.
Offered on Site
First Aid; Security; ATM; drinking water (container needed). No showers, electricity, nor beer garden.
On County Road 2, Grafton, an ATM, LCBO, gas. Limited local RV campgrounds – book early!
- Talking: our greatest survey concern – please respect all and chat outside of audience areas
- Smoking: as of 2015 the Festival is a smoke-free spectator event under the Smoke-Free Ontario Act. No smoking is permitted.
- Garbage-Free: As of 2016, the festival will be garbage-free. Please do not bring anything that will leave non-recyclable or non-compostable waste.
Accessibility & Parking
Our rolling hills are wheelchair challenged in spots and an Assistant may be needed. Service dogs welcome. Ask for help at our main entrance offering limited, close-to-the-gate parking spots. Call pre-Festival so we may plan: 905-349-2788.